Year 5 2023 - 2024
Welcome to the Year 5 class page!
Mrs Mason (5RM) and Miss Mathur (5TM)
Please see below for information about our year group and school in general:
Children should arrive in school for 8.35am. School starts promptly at this time and lateness does impact on pupil learning. School finishes at 3.20pm. Children must be collected from the main playground.
School uniform identifies the children as part of the school community and children should take pride in their appearance. Full school uniform should be worn at all times and we appreciate parent/carer cooperation with this. School uniform consists of:
- a white shirt (not polo shirt)
- a school tie (red/grey)
- red sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- grey or black trousers, shorts, pinafore or skirt
- black school shoes
- red gingham dress (summer)
All items should be clearly named.
PE in Year 5 takes place on a Friday. On that day, children must attend school in their full school PE kit. This is:
- red sports shorts (no Bermuda or cycling shorts)
- a white t-shirt with school logo
- a plain black tracksuit (no logos) for colder weather
- plain trainers
Leggings are not permitted unless under PE shorts for religious reasons.
Hair must be tied back at all times once it reachers shoulder length.
Nail varnish must also be removed.
Swimming lessons in Year 5 take place on a Wednesday. On that day, children must bring in:
- swimming costume
- swimming hat
Things to bring
Please ensure children come to school with a named water bottle and a coat as the weather continues to be unpredictable. Children are not required to bring stationery in from home as the school will provide what is needed. Anything brought from home is brought in at the risk of the individual.
This is set on a Wednesday and expected back the following Monday. It is important to complete all homework as it underpins the learning we are doing in school. A task sheet and any relevant worksheets will be handed out but in case this is lost, all homework will be available to view on Google Classroom (handwriting and spelling will need to be printed out and completed by hand).
- Atom Prime
- Multiplication/Division practice
- Atom Prime
- Bedrock (10 lessons or 50 minutes, whichever comes first)
- Reading comprehension
Topic homework may also be set but only when necessary and not every week.
Homework Club is available to children in the event of missing or incomplete homework but primarily homework must be completed at home unless otherwise agreed by the class teacher. If you are experiencing difficulties, please contact us to discuss this further.
Please see our Home Learning policy for more information.
This year we have planned several exciting trips to enhance the learning experience of the pupils. We will be visiting the following:
- St Helen's as part of the statutory Swimming requirement for PE (Autumn)
- Northwood United Synagogue, Northwood for our Religious Education topic on Judaism (Spring)
- Chiltern Open Air Museum, Chalfont St. Giles, for our history topic on the Victorians (Summer)
- Year 5 residential overnight team building experience (Summer)
- Trips into Northwood to explore the local area for Geography topic (Summer)
- Cassiobury Park, Watford as part of our end-of-year celebrations (Summer)
If you are able to accompany us on any of our planned visits, please show your interest by contacting the school office. You will be required to have valid DBS check (please speak to the school office).
Files to Download
Year 5: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 5: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display